We haven’t seen anything that sums up our beliefs better than this, so we stole it (with permission) from Kings Church.
We believe that about two thousand years ago God Himself entered into His Creation. He came to us in the form of His Son, Jesus. In part, this was to teach humanity how He intended for us to live. Ultimately, however, Jesus came to die for us, conquering the death that we all face. He rose from the dead, defeating the power death once held over humanity. Today, as a gift of His grace, He offers the gift of life instead, which we can receive by faith through a relationship with Jesus. Those of us who place our faith and hope in Him get to share in His victory of life forever.
We believe that being a Christian is also about following Jesus in the here-and-now. It is our strong conviction that Jesus came to show us how to live the life we were created to live and that He wants His followers to experience this life each and every day.
We are convinced that Jesus is interested in each and every part of your life. We believe that this life MATTERS, and that through our actions and lifestyles, we bring glory to God, demonstrating the life of Christ to the world around us.
The following doctrinal statements are the basic truths we affirm regarding God and our relationship with Him. We’re open to change and debate on a variety of issues… these aren’t them.
- We believe in one God, who is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, and the Saviour of all people who put their faith in Him alone for eternal life.
- We believe that those who receive new life in Christ Jesus are called to be holy in character and conduct, and can only live this way by being filled with the Lord’s Spirit.
- We believe that the Bible is the inspired and infallible written Word of God, completely without error in its original manuscripts and transmitted to the present without the corruption of any essential doctrine.
- We believe in the Bible and seek to establish our faith and actions on its teachings.
- We believe God wills for people everywhere to know Him personally.
- We believe the purpose of the Church is to tell the world about Christ through its worship, witness, and loving deeds.
- We believe in the imminent and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ who will take His Church worldwide to its final home in Heaven.
If you ever wondered why Christians are passionate about putting their trust in Jesus, click here: CLICK HERE